Wednesday 19 March 2014

Yorkshire zine weekender

So Saturday and Sunday saw me table at two zine fairs, and I had a blast!

Saturday saw me make my way to Sheffield (after a semi disastrous morning which involved cat poo and getting a taxi to the station, I Never get taxi's and still going on about the price of it now, ha!)
I got off the train and met the Lovely Cherry Styles (who was on the same train as me, but I missed her cuz I suck) and headed over to the Electric Works.


Set up and got to table next to the ever awesome Melanie Maddison YAY! this coupled with the fact that once I get set down at any sort of fair I generally only get up to go to the toilet and get a brew meant I didn't go to any workshops or owt.

I did do the rounds though and saw some great zines, I also got up to go down the super slide in the Electric Works!


I thought I was packing enough Poor Lass for the whole weekend but almost sold out in Sheffield, I'm so happy people totally get it and love hearing all the awesome feedback about Poor Lass, it's YOU guys that make it what it is.

After the fair was a dash to Leeds, spaghetti and meatballs (thanks Amy) before heading out for a gig where I got to see the rad No Ditching in possibly the smallest venue EVER!

Then I got to stay in Melanie's room that has ALL the best stuff in it, I'm surprised I even went to sleep, too busy looking at everything!

Leeds saw me sharing a table with Melanie, where I managed to squash on all the zines in the world. Holly also came up from that there London for this one, woo! 

Poor Lass sold out early on (sorry to all those that wanted to pick up a copy), I met some faces IRL that I have only seen in cyber space, ate two pieces of totally delicious cakes from That Old Chestnut and managed to stay awake! YAY!

And after it was all done, Holly and I treated our sens to a Nandos!
I haven't managed to have a proper look at the zines I picked up yet, but I had such a great time.
Thanks to the organisers (Chella, Bettie, Footprints printing and everyone else!).

I love zines, but you know what I love more seeing ALL THE BEST NORTHERN FACES in 48hours (West Yorks, South Yorks, north east Manc and other North West) all the best!!

More of that please!

No comments: